Equipped to Counsel
Biblical Counseling Certification Course
In partnership with:
- 8 months of directed study
- Live teaching online
- Personal coaching and support
This course provides students with the training and coaching to become a Level 1 Certified Biblical Counselor through the Association of Biblical Counselors. Our process consists of training, exams, collaboration, supervision, and continuing education. Once your certification process is completed, you will become a certified Biblical counselor and can renew your membership annually.
This 8 month intensive certification is designed to equip followers of Christ with the ability to apply the gospel in personal and specific ways to the heart and struggles of others. We will address both the theology and practice of gospel-centered counseling. Participants will be prepared to minister effectively to individuals, couples, and families with a biblical perspective on change in the context of community. Issues such as addictions, anxiety, anger, depression will be covered. This course is excellent for Pastors, lay counselors, small group/missional community leaders, ministry staff, and anyone wanting to learn how to better care for others.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of the Christian life that includes active involvement in a community of believers.
- Develop a biblical philosophy of counseling that emphasizes the call of all believers to take part in the work of counseling and discipleship.
- Understand the basic meaning of biblical counseling.
- Participate in live Group Teaching Sessions via Zoom
- Have access to a Certified Biblical Counselor mentor/coach
- Interaction with a cohort & partner
- Private online discussion forum
- Feedback on your assignments
- Accountability and community learning
- Acquire a basic understanding of the general and specific methods of biblical counseling.
- Practice counseling with a counselee
- Cover various counseling related issues that include depression, anger, anxiety, addiction, and sexuality.
- Upon completion students can continue on with Level 2 Certification which provides further supervision and practical counseling experience.
- Course participants are expected to complete all weekly reading and assignments.
- Attend or watch the live teaching and discussions.
- Interact with your cohort
- Estimated time to completion is 8-9 months given a commitment of at least 5 hours weekly.
- Students must remain a ABC member for us to recognize certification upon completion.
During the second semester of training, course participants will be asked to counsel an individual, couple, or family of the participant’s choice for 12 weeks. The person counseled may be anyone from the course participant’s life (except for family) who is seeking counsel, including anyone the participant is counseling at this time. Counseling meetings may take place in the participant’s home, office, or online.
Read And Journal
Biblical counseling articles and supplemental reading assignments will accompany each chapter of the training. Course participants are asked to read the appropriate articles weekly and before each live class in order to enhance student understanding of the material.
How to Apply:
Step One is to submit an application to the Association of Biblical Counselors along with a $25 application fee.
(Includes Certification fees, administration fees, coaching, and all course materials)
When & Where:
All live teachings will be conducted online through Zoom. After registration students will receive the course syllabus along with any pertinent meeting details.
Please email us any questions.