Sexual Purity for Men Cohort
In this cohort BetterDays counselor, Dave Fields, will lead men through an eight-week study through David Powlison’s book, Making All Things New – Restoring Joy to the Sexually Broken. Dave will facilitate discussions where listening, transparency, and confidentiality will be strongly encouraged. Also expect times of teaching, mentoring, and prayer as the group delves into Powlison’s book on restoring sexual purity for men who have struggled with unwanted sexual thoughts and/or actions in the past and want to continue to heal and improve in this critically important area of their walk with Jesus.
In Making All Things New – Restoring Joy to the Sexually Broken, David Powlison charts a three-fold vision for sexual fidelity for all Christian men:
- Fidelity first orients you as a child of God in relationship to your Father.
- Fidelity then orients you as a steward of your own body.
- Fidelity then orients you in relationship to your husband or wife, if God subsequently gives the gift of marriage.
- 8/1 Session 1 – Introductions and getting to know each other.
- 8/8 Session 2 – Getting Oriented to Sexual Renewal
- 8/15 Session 3 – Making Renewal Personal
- 8/22 Session 4 – Renewing All That Darkens Sex
- 8/29 Break
- 9/5 Session 5 – Renewal Is Life Long
- 9/12 Session 6 – Renewal Is a Wider and Deeper Battle
- 9/19 Session 7 – Renewal Brings an Increasingly Subtle Struggle
- 9/26 Session 8 – Remembering the Goal of Renewal
*Cohort size will be limited. Additional cohorts will be opened to accommodate demand.
How to Apply:
Next Cohort: Aug 2023
When & Where:
- Dates: August 1st – September 26th (8 Sessions)
- When: Tuesdays from 7 – 8:30pm
- Where: Online meeting via Zoom
Please email us any questions.
Stay in the loop.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive articles and updates from the staff of BetterDays.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact